November 12, 2021
Do you have numbness and chronic pain in your feet?
- This is likely due to a condition called “Peripheral Neuropathy”, or an injury to a peripheral nerve.
- Common symptoms of neuropathy or nerve damage can include aching, burning pain, and difficulty walking.
- Unlike other injuries, nerve damage is not relieved with rest, patients wake up frequently at night to move their legs.
- Causes of “Peripheral Neuropathy” can include Diabetes, thyroid disorders, lower back pain, and vitamin deficiencies.
- Trauma, such as ankle sprains, falls or other prior surgery can also cause nerve pain.
- If left untreated, the pain can become chronic.
- Treatment options include injections, physical therapy, and laser. When these options fail, patients can benefit from surgical intervention and decompression of the involved nerves.
- If you or a loved one is experiencing nerve pain, please call our office so that we can get you back on your feet and break the chronic pain cycle.